10 June 2012

Blauwe Stad and Midwolda

I went out the door rather late today. Sometimes I just drive around without any real goal as to where I want to go birding/photographing. Today I visited Kropswolderbuitenpolder and saw two Whiskered Terns, Chlidonias hybridus. Too far off to take pictures. I didn't try to get closer.
I drove on to Blauwe Stad, in the environment of Finsterwolde. It's a big lake, where I earlier on this year saw a Red-crested Pochard, Netta rufina. I saw, and photographed it again. Here I also took some pictures of flying gulls. Lesser Black-backed Gull, Larus fuscus pictures were the only ones worth the trouble of uploading to the main site.
I drove on a little further to Midwolda. Here I took some pictures of Mute Swan, Cygnus olor, Barn Swallow, Hirundo rustica and a male Montagu's Harrier, Circus pygargus. The latter a new species on vliegend spul.
Below some (other) pictures of (from top to bottom) Lesser B-b Gull, some other creature of the flying kind, Barn Swallow (twice) and Montagu's Harrier.





No comments:

Post a Comment