29 May 2012

Ezumakeeg and Lauwersmeer

I thought I was going to shoot some dragonflies and/or butterflies today. But to my surprise the day started of quite cloudy and windy. So, I drove to Lauwersmees instead. Later today the weather was somewhat better for the flying insects, but I couldn't find any good ones to photograph.

At Ezumakeeg I 'found' a Pectoral Sandpiper, Calidris melanotos, but it was to far away to get any pictures. I got a fairly good look at it through my binoculars  and had to look in the car for a telescope, wich was there, to get an even better look at it.

I managed some pics of Sedge Warbler, Acrocephalus schoenobaenus and, sigh, Egyptian Goose, Alopochen aegyptiacus. That latter species, introduced and getting commoner every year, is a new species on the vliegendspul website.

Below: one of the Sedge Warbler pics (above), and Egyptian Goos (below).




No comments:

Post a Comment